| Will i get sick from a 2 month old bag of once live sea shells?

Will i get sick from a 2 month old bag of once live sea shells?

bluemonk561 asked:

I went to the Phillpines in June, and collected seashells, only to find that they were alive. I put them in a cup, poured boiling water on them, and mixed in rubbing alcohol too. then i tried to let the ants eat the meat inside, so i put them on the ground. a day later, i collected them again and put them in a ziplock plastic bag (i didnt clean them again, so they had dirt all over them still in the bag). and put them in a box and closed it.

now its 2 months later, and i opened them up, put them in hot water, and rubbing alcohol, and boiled them. now im worried ill catch something from the potential bacteria growth it went though, if at all

did any bacteria grow from this? after all i did above? will i get a cold?
I went to the Phillpines in June, and collected seashells, only to find that they were alive. I put them in a cup, poured boiling water on them, and mixed in rubbing alcohol too. then i tried to let the ants eat the meat inside, so i put them on the ground. a day later, i collected them again and put them in a ziplock plastic bag (i didnt clean them again, so they had dirt all over them still in the bag). and put them in a box and closed it.

now its 2 months later, and i opened them up, put them in hot water, and rubbing alcohol, and boiled them. now im worried ill catch something from the potential bacteria growth it went though, if at all

did any bacteria grow from this? after all i did above? will i get a cold?

NOTE: I AM NOT EATING THEM. I just wanna know if ill catch anything from HANDLING them. like dust in the air or something.
myradiologytechnicianschools.org
What you must watch out with paid surveys companies

Related posts:

  1. Help! Stinky sea shells? Meagan asked: I collected lots of lovely seashells at the...

Filed Under Other - Diseases |

Tagged With , ,

Comments

3 Responses to “Will i get sick from a 2 month old bag of once live sea shells?”

  1. EMP on April 1st, 2009 5:28 pm

    It is possible but they should be okay if you cleaned them well. Did you boil them in rubbing alcohol along with the water? If so the heat would evaporate the alcohol. I would put them in a cup of bleach, that should kill anything.

  2. snowboy789 on April 4th, 2009 10:56 pm

    yes once they die they can,t clean themselfs

  3. Bael on April 9th, 2009 9:11 am

    You should be fine. Boiling them the second time should have killed any remaining bacteria that existed in the shells. I wouldn’t worry about it.

    BTW, My parents spent months in the Philippines about seven years ago, brought back many shells, and didn’t have any adverse effects.